Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Notes from Last Night/This Morning

So. Well. I got another door ding in the parking lot at work. That sucks. People just don't give a shit about letting their car doors slam into others.

And the babysitter? She has the flu. So she cancelled. Sort of. We arranged for her mother to watch the Boy. Only there was a miscommunication and no one was home.

We debated cancelling dinner because A) Pissed off about door; and B) Hello? No babysitter. I called the restaurant and asked if they had room to seat a four-year-old. They were sympathetic, so we ran back to the house and changed the boy's clothes real quick and headed downtown.

Dinner was phenomenal as were the selected wines. I may have had a couple of refills. I think I drank over a bottle's worth total, actually. Boy Pop was a hit with everyone and the chef prepared chicken tenders and shoestring French fries especially for him. Unfortunately though, I was taking him to the bathroom when the trivia contest happened, so we did not win any wine. That was the only negative.

I really don't remember much about the ride home (see the story about all that wine I drank above).

We put the boy to bed and stayed up and watched two episodes of Dexter. I love that show, but we ended up in bed at about 1AM.

This morning, I woke up before my alarm went off. I stayed in bed through two "snoozes" though. I still got up before my typical time, made coffee, sliced strawberries to go on top of this really good Chocolate Cake that I made for a potluck today at work, let the dog out, got ready for work, somehow managed to leave my house LATE even though I got up EARLY, made it halfway to the office when I went to grab some lipstick out of my purse and ended up with Dr Pop's car key in my hand, turned around, went back home, dropped off the key, returned to work, and arrived only 15 minutes late by some miracle.

Oh dudes. I'm wiped out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gaw.... you were jeans to work. how nice would that be?!

Mrs Pop said...

I probably should dress up a little more, but I haven't had the energy to do so. ;-)