Friday, October 19, 2007

Living the Dream?

I signed up for NaBloPoMo again this year. 30 days of blogging in November. I'm not sure if I'll do NaNoWriMo this year or not, though. I feel like I'm overextended as it is, and I really don't want to commit to that amount of writing. Thirty blog posts in thirty days? No problem! A novel in 30 days? Problem.

I guess no one out there in blogger-land wants to play the gift game. It's not too late to sign up, though. But most of my readers don't have blogs. Oh well.

Boy Pop's second tee ball game is tomorrow morning at 8:15AM. I may have mentioned this a time or two, but this family is not one of early risers. Period. We love to stay up late and sleep in (as a side note, I'm exhausted!!!). It's just what we do. But bright and early tomorrow, we'll be getting up and getting the boy dressed in his uniform and ready to play ball. I just hope that we have the energy tomorrow after the game to actually be active. Last Saturday after the game and a big breakfast, we all just crashed and I actually slept through almost the entire Texas football game. Pathetic!

Last week, I made a great (and yet fast and simple) dinner and a gallon of tea. We had tons of leftovers. When I got up the next morning, I went to get myself a glass of tea before I started getting ready for the day and what do you know? We had forgotten to put any of it away. Everything was spoiled. Luckily it was trash day, but damn, I was disappointed. By the way, the recipe for the side dish can be found at whachagotcookin (link on the right).

I really need a vacation. Four weeks and counting...

I also would like a craft idea for Thanksgiving. Any ideas out there that will work with 4 year olds?

It has hit me recently that I watch too much television. I have all of these "favorite" shows and all of them run concurrently. Thank heavens for the DVR, but my goodness! I'm getting behind! I currently watch:
Dexter
Weeds
Californication
Kid Nation
Ghost Hunters
The Ultimate Fighter
The Contender
Survivor
Prison Break
The CBS Monday sitcoms
My Name is Earl
Kitchen Nightmares
South Park
The Fox Sunday cartoons
The Bachelor
The Biggest Loser

When they are on, I will watch:
Sunset Tan
The Girls Next Door
Hell's Kitchen
Big Brother
Amazing Race

I think I need help. Instead of "living" the dream, I'm "watching" it. Argh!

And Dr Pop is back in town!!! Hooray!

1 comment:

jenny said...

i signed up for noblomowhatever this year too. my first year. like i need anything else to do. :)