Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Crazy Busy... Random Thoughts...

So, Boy Pop went to Disney World with his Nana and Granddad last week and arrived home yesterday. I was so glad to see him! He had a great time, brought back a ton of toys and assorted crap, and had a monster of a meltdown at bedtime. Ahh… Life is back to normal. Yesterday, as my dad was telling him goodbye, he told the Boy that his very favorite part of Disney World was getting to spend it with him. Boy Pop looked at him and said, “Awww… My, my, my!” and ran off.

Today, BP started the “big kid” class at preschool. Dr Pop dropped him off and he did just fine. I now have to order uniforms for him as he will have to start wearing them at the end of August. My baby is growing up, that’s for sure.

So, what did Dr and Mrs Pop do while the Boy was away? We played the Wii for several hours on Thursday night, had a lovely dinner date in downtown Austin on Friday, spent all day Saturday on Lake Travis, slept until 11AM on Sunday, and then went back to work on Monday. Dr Pop finished the last Harry Potter and I began re-reading the series. I’m halfway through The Goblet of Fire. J.K. Rowling is really a genius and she sets the bar high for anyone who aspires to be an author.

My quarter ends on Friday, so I’ve been wrapped up in closing last-minute business, but other than that, work has been slow. But I’ve been trying to not write while at work if I can help it.

I haven’t been working out and I’ve been eating nothing but junk food, so all of my good work from the spring is disappearing. I need to recommit to the healthy lifestyle. In a big way. Maybe tomorrow…

No comments: