Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes...


So, Dr Pop was out of town last week and my parents came to town to "help out" with Boy Pop while he was away.
The following is what I can remember of a conversation my son had with my parents...
GrandDad: Put it on the coffee table
Boy Pop: No, that's the copy table
GrandDad: The what table?
Boy Pop: The copy table.
GrandDad: Not, that's called a coffee table.
Boy Pop: Oh. What's a coffee table?
GrandDad: It's where people put their coffee when they sit on the couch.
Boy Pop: Well, that's the BEER table!
---------------------------------------
Boy Pop received Silly Putty for Easter and has been enchanted by it ever since, making it into various shapes and characters (whales, pizza, cookies, trees, etc.).
Last night, he showed his latest creation to me...
Boy Pop: Look at my volcano, Mommy! It's about to have a interruption!
---------------------------------------
And how could I forget what Boy Pop told me Monday on our way home from preschool...
Boy Pop: Mommy. I need to tell you something. I need to tell you thank you for living me.

1 comment:

Pitter Patterson said...

i just laughed so loud that a coworker asked me what was so funny! im thinking our house needs a beer table.... that might be just the right touch....