Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Whole Cluster of Randomness...

So. I’ve been working out and doing South Beach (read it all on http://needtoworkout.blogspot.com/). If you would like a little kick in the pants motivation and other people out in internet land to hold you accountable for making healthy choices, or if it helps you to rant and rave about it, feel free to email me and I’ll let you join the team.

I have realized two things in the past several days: Namely that I have more willpower to give up refined sugar than I ever thought I did, and I have zero cardiovascular fitness. One of these things is good. The other one is bad. As someone with exorbitantly high cholesterol coupled with a history of diabetes and other health issues in my family, I need to take extra care to watch what I put into my body and what I ask it to do. Some might say that I’m a hypocrite because of my worst habit (don’t worry, nothing illegal) and if I have so much willpower, I should be able to give that up, too. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

On the career front, I’ve been working very hard to get into a new group. Without going into too many specifics, this is a role I’ve been wanting for quite some time (the sum total of my entire time at this company) and if things fall into place, I’ll be one happy Mrs Pop. But this could be a few months down the line… I don’t care. This is what I want and I’m willing to do what I have to do to make it happen. And that includes keeping my head down and mouth shut while sitting in my current desk.

Did I mention that I went to the dermatologist? No? Well she told me I was a candidate for a photo facial… I need to do some research on that, but it sure made me feel o.l.d. when she said it. Old and haggard. Oh well.

If you look at my links to the right, you’ll see a huge range of viewpoints. You see, I like people who tell it like it is. Dr. Laura does that. Plus, I agree with a lot of what she says (you know, take responsibility for your own choices, that type of thing). Violent Acres is another lady who speaks her mind. I have a problem with some of what she’s posted in the past, but as a whole, she’s put herself out there and makes a ton of sense. She’d hate me, though. Oh yeah. Because I post pictures of my kiddo and reveal way too many personal details about my life. Another great link is one I found through the old trainwrecks website. Sadly, trainwrecks is gone. That was a fun site. Anyway, Melissa C. Morris is this adorable preppy chick in a May/December marriage. She is often pictured in the society pages and writes with a down to earth style. I have no idea why anyone would think she is a “trainwreck” as I see an intelligent, attractive woman living the life she chooses. Not too shabby if you ask me.

And finally… The other day, Little Pop slept in. When he got up, he had a splinter in his finger and showed his Daddy. Laughing, Dr Pop told him to hang on. Dr Pop then took this picture and sent it to me…


Look at my splinter, Daddy!

No comments: