Friday, November 10, 2006

One way to keep him in line...

In the midst of a fit at Wal-Mart...

Dr Pop: When I talk to Santa tonight, do I need to tell him you've been misbehaving?

Little Pop: Nooooo!!!!!

Dr Pop: Okay. But you need to behave yourself. I can't lie to Santa.

Little Pop: 'kay.

Before bed...

Mrs Pop: Little Pop, it's time for bed.

Little Pop: No!

Dr Pop: I can't call Santa until you are in bed.

Little Pop: Oh! Running to the living room

Dr Pop: So, what should I tell Santa when I talk to him tonight?

Little Pop: Ummmm... Uhhh... I want you to tell him I was a good boy.

Dr Pop: Anything else?

Little Pop: Ummmm... Umm... I'm gonna God Bless Santa!

Dr Pop: Okay. Blast off! (bedtime ritual wherein Dr Pop lifts Little Pop into my arms to head upstairs to bed)

In bed, saying prayers...

Little Pop: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. May angels watch me through the night, until I wake with morning light. No God Bless.

Mrs Pop: You don't want to God Bless anybody?

Little Pop: Noooo.

Mrs Pop: Are you sure?

Little Pop: Oh. God Bless Santa!

Mrs Pop: Anyone else?

Little Pop: Nooo.

Mrs Pop: Okay. Good night. I love you. Do you know how much?

Little Pop: This much and more (stretching his arms wide).

Mrs Pop: That's right.

Little Pop: Now go get Daddy.

Daddy's turn to tuck in Little Pop...

Dr Pop: Mommy told me you didn't God Bless Daddy.

Little Pop: No. I don't wanna God Bless Daddy.

Dr Pop: Well I'm about to call Santa and I still don't know what to say to him.

Little Pop: I just God Blessed Daddy!

Dr Pop: To who?

Little Pop: Mommy!

I can't decide if this is funny, sweet, or a little sad.

No comments: