Sunday, October 01, 2006

The holiday season...

In an ongoing effort to do more "mom"-like things, I've decided to start decorating my house for the various holidays, starting with Halloween. I want to decorate, bake my mom's cut-out cookies, the works!

Last year, we did a bit of decorating for Halloween, but it wasn't much. So this year, we're doing it up right. I just love the fall and winter holidays. To me, October 1st is the official beginning of the holiday season.

To commemorate it this year, I have been a cooking fool. Last night I made chicken-fried steak and chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and cream gravy from scratch. I also did the prep work for pasta salad and a pot roast.

Today, I've finished the pasta salad and the pot roast is slowly cooking away in my crock pot. Yummy, feel-good, chilly weather comfort food. Too bad it's over 90 degrees outside still! Oh well.

While Little Pop naps, I may drag my ass out to Target to look at Halloween decor to add to last year's stuff. While I'm at it, I may buy a cookie cutter or two. Who knows? I'm in a weird, productive, homemaking mood right now, so I'd better capitalize on it.

No comments: