Friday, September 15, 2006

Survivor, Ultimate Fighter, Amazing Race, etc.

I may have mentioned a time or two that I love reality TV. Yes, I'm the simple-minded person who finds the formula vastly entertaining. I'm not sure why I love it so, but there you have it. I do love my reality shows. Well, most of them anyway. I'm not so much a fan of the talent shows. I get why they are popular, but I like to see good old fashioned scheming and physical and mental challenges in my reality shows. Well, that and backstabbing and lust. ;-)

Dog the Bounty Hunter got arrested the other day. It made me sad to hear. He and his crew are some of my favorite reality personas. Best of luck to you, man. Hang in there.

I thought that the Survivor premier was a bit disappointing. I think that the better social experiment would have been to combine people with similar backgrounds or jobs. As it stands, each tribe, while they are divided by race, are completely diverse when it comes to their backgrounds. I say, let salespeople compete against hairdressers! Let bartenders compete against nurses! Are you listening Mr. Burnett?

I've been a fan of the UFC ever since Monica's rich boyfriend tried to become "The Ultimate Fighter" and conquer the physical world on Friends, but I never actually saw it until I met Dr. Pop. The blood! The guts! The broken limbs! The nasty ears! Love it! So naturally, I love the reality show. These folks got it right. It is much more entertaining than the Contender.

I was disappointed that Boogie won Big Brother All-Stars. What a smarmy, slimy bastard! Ugh! Hated him in BB2, still don't like him. But he did deserve to win. Personally, I think Janelle and Will should have been the final 2, but I could see where she'd have ended up in 2nd place.

Gawd! I think I may get a little too invested in this stuff!

No comments: