Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Little Tuesday Inspiration

I'm always thinking about "Plan B" in my professional life. I know what I want that plan to be, but I am exceedingly lazy. Even when I didn't work 40+ hours per week outside the home, I was lazy and chose to spend my downtime either surfing the web, playing computer solitaire, or watching TV. There. There is my big secret. I am a sloth. And a slob. And I talk a good game and I come over here and post little tidbits here and there and consider myself a success for writing something at least. But I'm not. I'm just making excuses. I don't have any ideas, I don't have the time, I don't have this or that or I can't think of this or that. NO MORE. Here's a bit of inspiration that I found while reading other blogs and I think it's appropriate:

"Dreaming, wishing, planning: it's all writing, but the difference between you and the man on the street is that you are looking at it, friends, getting it set in your head, realizing the significance of the insignificant, getting it on paper. You might be in the throes of love or grief, but you are ruthless in observation. You are your material. You are writers and one thing is certain: no matter what happens on Saturday night, or any other night, you'll never be bored again. Never. Nothing human in alien to you. Hold your applause and pass up your homework." ~~Frank McCourt Teacher Man

No comments: