Monday, September 26, 2005

Trying to remember...

I'm a terrible mother... No, not really, but I'm definitely not "Super Mom" like some. Joey's baby book and all its contents are in a huge tote bag, still waiting to be put together. So are the three or so journals I began and then later abandoned. There are random scraps of paper with important dates like the first word and first tooth, but it's all just one huge mess. I do have album upon album of pictures, though, thanks to Booble's wonderful grandparents. But I don't have all the conventional stuff. One of these days very soon, I am going to pull it all out and put it all together. If I don't, then I'll just forget it all.

I'm sorry, Little One, that I don't have a monthly report for each wonderful month of your life. I'm sorry I don't have the big scrap book completed (and that's only the half of it). I'm sorry I don't have your baby book complete. But what I do have is a list of some of the big dates that I can remember off the top of my head:

  • March 2, 2004 -- 4PM -- After a day of being cranky, the maid told me to feel your mouth. When I did, I was astounded to find your two bottom teeth barely poking through.
  • November 1, 2003 -- Today you went to your very first Longhorn tailgate party.
  • March 26, 2005 -- 10AM -- You were admitted to the hospital for dehydration from rotovirus. We have never been so scared in our lives, you were so sick!
  • December 26, 2004 -- You actually played in snow for the first time ever due to a freak snowstorm in South Texas.
  • October 21, 2003 -- You had your first shopping outing with Mommy and Daddy. Daddy needed some clothes for his business trip to NYC and we took you to the mall. I suppose going in the middle of evening rush hour traffic should have been our first clue that things might not go smoothly, but we pressed on. You started screaming at the Men's Dillard's. You finally stopped in the car on the way home.

So maybe I'm not "Super Mom", but I do have some dates etched into my heart. They are mostly random, but all are precious! And I did have a "Super Parent" feeling Thursday night when we all baked two dozen cupcakes for your daycare. You missed the decorating, Booble, but Daddy and I did a great job. The cupcakes courtesy of a Betty Crocker cake mix actually tasted better than the $28 custom cake from the bakery. Whodathunkit?

No comments: