Monday, August 22, 2005

Bitch-fest

So I’ve been PMS-ing for two weeks and now I have allergies… No wonder I’ve been in a bad mood for so long! That and being around complaining wives will definitely put a damper on one’s mood.

I don’t get it… Women-only get-togethers (be it at-home parties or mommy’s night out, or whatever) are just man-bashing exercises with wine. They bring me down. I know that my husband wants me to have a large circle of women friends, and I want the same thing, but I really want my circle to include more women in healthy, happy marriages and not dysfunctional messes.

For example, last week, I went to a wine-tasting party. The wine was excellent, and the hostess was her usual perfect self, but once the wine started flowing, all I seemed to hear was bitching. Bitching about this, bitching about that, bitching about the husband, kids, money, friends, prices of things, you name it, it was bitched about. I really don’t need the negativity! Too much of a downer for me.

Don’t get me wrong… These are nice enough women and for the most part, I really like them all, I just can only take so much.

No comments: